Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Been a bit

But it's time for an update! Writing has been progressing nicely, and I'm proud to announce that the full, in depth summary of novel one of the epic is almost done, all the plot hangs sorted out! Similarly, I have a starting point and general direction to the second book, returning to much of the mystery first beginning with the first book's opening sequences, but with a somewhat darker aspect to it. All in all, I reckon the reader's will be in for a surprise when I'm done with it.

One of the major things I have been working on is the representation of paranormal powers in both an understood but mysterious way. It has literally taken me about two years to finally come up with something that I believe will work beautifully! So I'm pretty excited about that. Other developments include scatterings of plot hangs throughout the series, which are slowly but surely being crunched down.

Also planning a writing trip in September and will visit family while travelling around and writing. The weapon of choice that I shall be using to 'pen' it? The Alienware m11x. Somewhat overkill for word processing to be sure, but I wanted a powerful ultraportable computer :P Here it is below:



That's the big things going on in life. Still rock climbing, although I was out for a week with a strained wrist. Was just looking for some photos but appears we don't really have many, those that are are rather fuzzy. So, here's a video!



My brother has been climbing this with just his hands for quite a while, so I decided to give it a go, and nearly made it to the top, which I was rather surprised about! Builds forearm and hand strength very quickly, although my hands are rather sore today after last night's session, have callouses re-forming, lovely, I know. Oh yeah, and re opened a rather significant graze for the third time last night, here we come scar! But, all in all, it's amazing fun!

Was just visiting a webcomic I haven't looked at a while and have been trawling through my saved ones. This one never fails to make me chuckle due to the nature of how true it is! Oh yeah, the webcomic is xkcd.



I can thank my college physics class for introducing me to this webcomic. Good times! Anyways, that's all from me for now,until the next post!! Oh, actually, I'll probably be doing a 'travel blog' when I'm away here, so expect that in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment