Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Working working! It's actually a wonderful thing!

I have found that my work is one of the best times to think clearly about my life, its issues and my writing. It gives me a real perspective on everything, the good, the bad, the areas that need work, what I'm doing right; EVERYTHING! And, why am I telling you this? Because my friends, this affects my writing, in more ways than I care to count.

A prime example of this could be found today while I worked. I started to think of titles for my six novels, and the meanings that would go with them. I always had an analogy I was thinking of using, so decided to put it to the test (I'm not saying what it is, that's for you to all figure out when I eventually publish them all!) and had some surprising results. I've all but solidified four of six titles, each neatly tied together with the character's journey through each one.

Also, in other news, I'm currently strategising how to make some of the weaponry in my novels, namely some concealed blades wielded by the main character. It will require some programming, motors, arm braces and a little bit of skill, although I'm confident I will probably be able to achieve it, and man, will it be one rather awesome little thing to show people from my novels! I'm sure I'll post about them again here, who knows? Maybe even post photos of a finished product! I thought of this while working as well, such a great place to think!

In other news, recently got into rock climbing, which is a lot of fun. Very good as some stimulation (which I've sorely needed). Recommended for anyone looking to do some physical exercise beyond the norm!

No comments:

Post a Comment