Thursday, June 10, 2010

Progression

Well, for today's update I have a few fleshed character 'files' done for the six novels (still working on the last two names, not sure what they're going to be yet!) which gives some more solidity to what I'm doing there (I will be doing once I leap fully back into it). Also working on the Hell Novella, which is coming along nicely, just finding it odd writing from such a familiar setting instead of something quite 'out of this world' if the use of such a cliché is permissible. The hard part is balancing just what to put in, and what to keep out. I want it to have a sense of familiarity, but not enough for it to seem like I'm focusing entirely on it. An example is that I originally mentioned Facebook within the story itself, but I decided to substitute that out for a larger more generalised field of 'internet social networking', something which I think doesn't 'personalise' it too much.

On another note, rock climbing is going rather well. As I type I'm actually having difficulty feeling my fingers properly. Reached the point where they're starting to toughen up. Then again, three hours of climbing will do that. Did the lead course tonight, which, to anyone not familiar with rock climbing terminology means you 'clip in' to anchor points as you climb up the wall, instead of the rope running up and then back down and attaching to you (the typical way to rock climb). Managed to do many things I haven't been able to do in the past tonight, which gives me hope that I won't always 'suck'. Membership also means I'll be able to visit it all the time for the next three months as well, so I'm looking forward to getting fitter, better and having loads of fun. Given the not too far off acquisition of a vehicle as well, I'm sure it will become very regular. Life is looking rather sweet right now!

Anyway, with that, the sounds of "Remember the Name" by Fort Minor pumping in my ears, I sign off yet again!

2 comments:

  1. Haha, Daniel's going to be happy he has more people to talk climbing with. The obsession is spreading! O.o

    Steph (Tassie)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, indeed, we'll have to come down for a week or two of climbing :P

    ReplyDelete