Monday, October 25, 2010

Researching!

Well, as the post title suggests, I have been researching. In light of what I'm writing, I'm sure what I'm researching will come as no great surprise: Hell. Results have been interesting as I'm gaining a view of the entire idea of Hell in different cultures and worldview. Of course it will primarily be based upon my own views, but I wanted to look at everything. A very interesting journey indeed!

I am also going to begin reading a book I picked up entitled "Four Views on Hell". In this book the concept of hell and the different ideas surrounding it are discussed by a series of critics and authorities on the subject. There are four 'types' of hell: literal, metaphorical, purgatorial and conditional. I'm going to be interested in looking at them further. I also am contemplating reading Dante's 'Inferno' for a more archaic and traditional view of hell, but we shall see.

Meanwhile, here's something I stumbled upon when researching Hell on the internet, it made me chuckle.



That's all this time around folks!

2 comments:

  1. That pic is hilarious.
    Something interesting and (kind of) related is David Eagleman's book- Sum: Forty tales from the afterlives.
    Check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know!!!
    Sounds like it could be worth looking into, thanks!

    ReplyDelete