Sunday, October 10, 2010

The Things You Find...

I have been in the process of trawling back through all my writing and reorganising so I can better find specific pieces (I literally spent half an hour looking for one file not long ago) and stumbled across something I wrote within the last year, but have completely forgotten about. Given the nature of it, I can't actually post it here, as it will probably ruin a lot in the future, but I can tell you what it generally was. If you've been following this blog or know me personally, you will know that I am writing what I consider to be my life work, and have been doing so for very nearly the last five years. If you've kept up that far, you probably also know I've put it on hiatus until I feel I can do it full justice. With that background, I can now say what I found...

I found what I wrote to be the ending for a six novel long epic and... wow. Just wow. I look at it, and it's such a powerful way of finishing it all, both inspiring and moving at the same time, I find it hard to believe I actually wrote it. It's fragmented, but now that I look at it, I see the feeling and emotion I put behind it all. It's then that I realised exactly what this epic is. It's a story that is a reflection of me. Obviously, much creative license has been taken, but the motivations, the emotions; they're all harvested from my own. However, there is no one character that represents myself or these emotions. I am the story. Every aspect, every facet, is a reflection of my journey over the years, and my continual journey. This alone inspires me to continue waiting before I start it. Not only will it be better prepared, but it will be a full reflection. Reflection... the thought of the word makes me smile for reasons you cannot understand until I have finished those six books. But that is what it is: a reflection. I find it difficult to believe I hadn't seen that up until now.

Bit of a ramble there, but hope you can understand it!

No comments:

Post a Comment